Spring 1944: Ladder

As discussed on the Spring Forums, a new ladder has been brought online for Spring, primarily through the efforts of SpringLobby developers, BrainDamage and Koshi. Other people, including Tobi and myself, assisted them.

At present there are 1v1 and Team ladders for 1944, the latter serving battles of 2v2 to 4v4 in size. I strongly encourage 1944 players to use the ladder, and this is how you do so…

1. Open or join a battleroom with the requisite number of players, in this case, two. Any number of spectators can play.
2. Message the LadderBot, who idles in #s44, with !ladder 4 if you seek to play 1v1 ladder, or !ladder 21 if you’re playing Team ladder. A bot will then join the battleroom.
3. Message !ladderchecksetup in the battleroom to check that the current settings are compatible with the ladder. Change the settings until they are.
4. Start the battle. The bot will report the result to the ladder upon completion.

Ladder information is accessed through the lobby, though a website is planned.

If you type these commands in #s44, the LadderBot will respond thus…

!score 4 will show scores for all the players in the S44 1v1 ladder
!score 21 will show scores for all the players in the S44 Team ladder
!score playername will show scores for given player in all ladders
!score 4 playername will show scores for given player in the S44 1v1 ladder
!score 21 playername will show scores for given player in the S44 Team ladder

If there are problems with the ladder, report them here or in #ladder, and we will try to solve them.

Will the ladderbot include the pre-M versions?

It does support v210 and should support the newest at any point.

Let me elaborate; if somebody who has power to change the options for a ladder adds the new versions to said ladder, and does so, it will remain updated. Godde, I believe you have access to the ladder maintenance commands for the 1944 ladders, so ask Koshi or BD to tell you the relevant commands and you can do it whenever a new version hits.

Ok.