Units of Measurement
- The game runs in real time (i.e. 1 game second = 1 real life second).
- Model scale is 8 elmos per meter.
- Unit speed scale is the same as model scale. 1 elmo / frame (i.e. the value in the unitdef) = 3.75 m/s = 13.5 kph = 7.29 kt = 8.39 mph = 12.3 fps.
- Weapon range scale is roughly 1 elmo per meter, but this is very flexible, since a strict translation would not be good for gameplay.
- Weapon velocity scale is 2 elmos/s per m/s, a compromise between model scale and weapon range scale.
- Kinetic (AP/APC/APCBC/APCR/APDS shells): projectile weight in kg * 400 + 200 Sqrt(projectile weight in kg) * 1000.
- Shaped charge (HEAT): explosive weight in kg * 4000
- Explosive (small AoE): (chemical + kinetic energy) / 2.5 kJ
- Explosive (large AoE): chemical energy / 2.5 kJ
- Figure 5 kJ chemical energy per gram of explosive, or 2000 damage per kg.
- Infantry do 2x damage relative to these conventions? (needed to make infantry AT not fail, but would be strange for smallarms)
- Vehicle: (3.5^log10(vehicle weight in kg)) * 50
(Note: I am not tied to these particular conventions, though I would like conventions of some kind.)
Damage modifier = 1 / (1 + exp((armor - penetration) / ARMOR_SCALE), where armor and penetration are in mm. Currently ARMOR_SCALE is 20.
Explosive weapons get effective penetration equal to sqrt(damage) * 2.2 mm.
attack capability = exp(penetration / (2 * ARMOR_SCALE)) * damage / reload + anti-infantry value
defense capability = exp(armor / (2 * ARMOR_SCALE)) * hp
estimated cost = sqrt(attack * defense) * scale factor