So after I got into web development with python doing the ladder site (using bottle.paws.de/) I wanted to dive into that deeper.
Choosing django as the framework I found code.djangoproject.com/wiki/ForumAppsComparison for a feature list.
Now, if you guys want, I would go on and try to recreate the current site with this stack.
Points of discussion:
- new design?
- more features?
- what pintax apps to use
As for want y/n:
- single sign on for everything (openID is usable too)
- better maintainable than a couple of different apps (redmine,phpBB,dokuwiki and the few ‘plain’ sites)
- possible lobby bot integration. I already have a proof of concept based on the ladder site code that posts in channels on site activity.
- I personally would be more inclined to maintin sth in python than the current php crap
- there’s no automatic porting for forum/wiki content
Note that this is based on my current understanding of framework, so it’s possible I did not yet realize a major roadblock. I would bet tho that I missed more opportunities than possible problems.