Need help with snipers

…at least the german ones.

It seems that they don’t fire at all when I’m using them. Do I have to wait until their targets stop moving for them to fire properly? Do they not work well against infantry in general, preferring MGS/Mortars/dug in stuff?

What version are you using?
I will check in current test version, but AFAIK… all snipers are working, you just have to pay more attention to what they shoot at so you know they shot…

Testing right now…

I am using 1.07 I believe (the version off of this website.) I haven’t run any rigorous tests or anything…

EDIT: Did a rough test. They appear to aim but don’t fire at all. Do they require supply? If not, this appears to be a bug…

EDIT AGAIN: Bug appears also in 1.06. I’m using spring 80.2.0, not the newest one. It appears to happen with all factions’ snipers (I was testing as Germans before.) They just stand there and don’t fire; sometimes they’ll fire, but they’ll only do it once.

Oh… I see…
I can’t assist you with that version because I don’t have it any more…
Your problem though… still sounds awfully weird to me…

Would you be able to try the new test versions?
You have to open Springdownloader (normally in your spring folder), and then access the download tab, and then open up the s44 tree, and then double click the latest option from that s44 tree.

It will download the two files you need to play the current test version.
So, if you can check that snipers work or don’t work in latest test build I can tell if Luettich and Lyuban are faulty.

AFAIK though… Sniper script has always been less nice than other infantry scripts… so it looks like it can’t fire, but it suddenly does. But as you said you thouroughly tested snipers…

Oh, well, I hope you can try out test version.

P.S. Oh yeah, and I did test snipers in this version… they all work fine.

Wow, 1.07 is old. I found the latest version, and apart from their obsessive “redraw gun” animation, they seem to work fine. Thanks!

My pleasure :slight_smile:
Hope to see you on the battlefield! XD

I belive this is a known gub for 1.07.

Use Pre-M or testing