rating :****

Lots of air , some arty and tanks.

players : Walysson vs Jal
engine : Spring 0.82.7.0
mod : MG 1.53 RC4
map : 1944_terra_firma
rating : ****

US vs GBR
It was long hard fight , my brens were very effective vs his infantry, he was forced to use 0.5 cal MG . Enjoy the Churchills :slight_smile: .

Thanks for posting games, JAL! Keep it up, I do watch them even if I’m not in the lobby a whole lot.

players : woky2 vs Godde
engine : Spring 0.82.7.0
mod : MG 1.53 RC4
map : 1944_Titan
rating : ***+1/2

US vs RUS

4 intensive battles, no teching, sneaky tactics, enjoy !

Woky, you’re modest, those games are 5 stars easy :stuck_out_tongue:

So when was the last time anyone saw someone take two games off godde in a set of 4? Yeah, these demos are top notch.

I really like the results of removing the barracks req. The game is so much more open to creative builds (‘builds’ have a meaning now). These games were so much fun to watch - awesome play both of you guys. If I had more time, I would be super excited to make commented demos out of these, because they were excellent examples of good S44 - really interesting, attentive, and just solid work by both players. Nudge nudge to anyone else who might harbor an interest in making commented video replays <_<

Particular things to note that both players were surely thinking about: the Soviets’ Achilles heel concerning deep inf raids and flag capping, as well as the power the sovs have to really control the attention and map movement of the other player early game.

Players:JAL (GBR) vs Nemo (USSR)
Map:Moro River v1
Game version:Operation Market Garden v1.53 RC4
Engine version: 0.82.7.1
Awesome rating (out of 5): ***
Comments: Not a terrible game, but nothing spectacular. I didn’t quite keep up with everything on a few occasions, leading to excess and a late tech on my part. Otherwise a neat, if standard match. I really liked that I could make tech decisions based on JAL’s fast guns. JAL got tanks, and I never did (and failed to really use my SU-85s), but AT inf did a pretty excellent job since I had a large inf superiority keeping his cover thin.

It occurs to me that early gunyard–>TDs is a very safe play - you’re covered vs air, tanks and vehs - and you have arty to boot. Downside, of course, is that your most mobile units are very single-purpose (TDs), so you can’t exactly go on deep raids with them, but something to pay attention to, for sure.

Players:JAL (GBR) vs Lowdive&Albastern
Engine version: 0.82.7.0

GBR vs US&US , i played a bit porky until i got commandos .I went for tanks later but it proved as fail again.

Note that ‘tanks failing’ in this instance meant “after losing my ammo storage and HQ to arty fire, my two ammo-less tanks failed to stop the 100+ infantry with ample vehicle support from killing me”.

I don’t know if I can blame that on tanks as a class of units <_<

Players:JAL (GER) vs zCram(US)
Awesome rating (out of 5): *** (because zCram had to go)

i used vehicles and air, he used tanks and some arty.

Players:JAL (GBR) and woky2 vs [NGI]Quilt(russia) and [NGI]phas
Awesome rating (out of 5): ****

I went SP arty this time, it seemed usefull.

Players:Nemo (US) & Godde (GBR) vs JAL(GER) and Yuri (USSR)
Map:Foothills_v08

A really dynamic 2v2 - godde and I tried a pretty weird build (godde didn’t build a single barracks or yard the entire game) focused on an early gunyard and quick-ish upgrade to TD. Really close game!

Players:Nemo (US) and Godde (GBR) vs Yuri(USSR), JAL(GER)
Map:Foothills_v08

A little quicker game this time, wooo kangaroo drops!

Map:1944_Titan

2v2
Players:Godde (US) and redgo (GER) vs Yuritch(USSR) and Buumi(GER)

Infantry push. Then vehicles counter. Then lots of vehicles vs vehicle action and t-70.[attachment=2]20110222_201856_1944_Titan_0.82.7.sdf[/attachment]

2v2
Players:Godde (US) and redgo (USSR) vs Yuritch(USSR) and Buumi(GER)

redgo and Yuritch have russian duel at start to who takes the hill first.
Then vehicles by me.[attachment=1]20110222_205816_1944_Titan_0.82.7.sdf[/attachment]

3v3
Players:Godde (US), Yuritch(USSR) and Buumi(GER) vs redgo (USSR) Blackdutchie (USSR) and JAL(GBR)

Yuritch and Blackdutchie have a russian faceoff in the mittle. JAL is being sneaky with a truck unloading ontop of the cliff and me falling for it. Vehicles, guns and infantry.[attachment=0]20110222_212840_1944_Titan_0.82.7.sdf[/attachment]

3v3
Players:Godde (US), redgo (GER) and Buumi(GER) vs Yuritch(USSR) (USSR), Blackdutchie (USSR) and JAL(GBR)

Dutchie goes heavy on russian infantry pushing me back when I build a storage early, Buumi are having a riot with his vehicles as JAL tries to get selfpropelled guns. Tanks included near the end combined with a heavy AT-gun push.

Players:JAL(GBR) and Buumi(US) vs Godde(GER) and redgo(USSR)
Comments: 48 min game. Different tech paths. Infantry and AT-guns for me. Vehicles and tanks for redgo. Vehicles and tanks for Buumi. Infantry, guns and air for JAL.

Players:Godde(GBR) and Znack(Ger) vs Blackdutchie(USSR) and FXD(Ger)
Map:Nuclear_Winter_1944
Comments: Soviet 2 barracks, early vehicles, german tankdestroyers, panthers, towed guns, su76.