(Linux) rapid broken -manual download for Pre-M?

Is there a manual download link for the Pre-M version of S44? rapid doesn’t work on the distro (Linux Mint Fluxbox) I’m using, and the only links I can find are to v1.07.

Alternatively, is there a repository?

Doh. Found the repository, only it has 1.07 in it.

please post the error you got with rapid and/or open an issue at github.com/tvo/rapid/issues

Ok, here it goes…

(Operating system = linux mint 9)

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/bin/rapid", line 5, in <module> pkg_resources.run_script('rapid-spring==0.3.3', 'rapid') File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 461, in run_script self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1194, in run_script execfile(script_filename, namespace, namespace) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/rapid_spring-0.3.3-py2.6.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/rapid", line 8, in <module> from rapid.main import * File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/rapid_spring-0.3.3-py2.6.egg/rapid/main.py", line 8, in <module> import rapid File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/rapid_spring-0.3.3-py2.6.egg/rapid/rapid.py", line 5, in <module> from bitarray import bitarray ImportError: No module named bitarray

Should I open an issue as well?

EDIT: Hehe…didn’t install python-bitarray…hehehe…
close this thread.

Uploading latest pre-M version. Rename it from .zip to .sdz extension and plug in your \mods\ folder.

Angry Edit: This should have been made easily accessible months ago. In no way shape or form is it okay that we have to force new players to fuck around with 3rd party downloading software just to get the latest fucking versions of the god damned game, especially since the latest version of the engine has broken the last publically released version of S44.

1.05 depends on RC1, and neither will work correctly with Spring 0.82+ (they won’t spawn start units). Currently the only way to get a working S44 with Spring 82+ is via SpringDownloader.

How did you install rapid?

Did pip/easy_install not automatically install the bitarray dependency? Or did you use a different way to install it?