Build Konstantin (v0.92) (r926)

k, Konstantin is a go. I haven’t plugged it into the installer yet - I figured we could give it a little bit to shakedown and then do installer later today. I also only uploaded to sourceforge as of now (to save massive reupping if its no good somehow).

Changelog from Koltso:
[size=150]Bugs/Technical[/size]

• Fixed building yardmaps so projectiles no longer pass through them.
  • Set grenades and molotovs to targerborder.
  • Lowered LoS miplevel to 3 (from 2). Should speed things up a fair bit.
  • Removed gun jammer exploit - they use stealth now instead;
  • Set observs to hold fire by default;
  • Fixed a lot of targeting preference tags, should lead to generally better behavior from specific target units (like AT guys, snipers, tank destroyers).
  • Partisan rifle FX fix;
  • Supply radius interacts better with spectators;
  • Equalized Transport Truck costs/stats;
  • More useful names/descriptions;
  • Maxrange indication added to deployable weapons;
  • Reduced crater-age from rocket artillery;
  • Mortar killing self fix;
  • Units no longer attack minefields (“moth-to-flame” syndrome);
  • featureDef handler update/fix;
  • Units no longer lose experience when they deploy/undeploy;
  • Removed minefield marker from the gadget, put it in a widget (only the owning player will mark it now).
  • Raised infantry slope tolerance a bit so they can access ‘kbot’ areas of older maps.
  • Mines no longer level ground under them.
  • Fixed areaAttack error.
  • Fixed transport behavior somewhat. Not perfect, but better than it was (use area Unload!)
  • Fixed dead barracks/HQ spawning bug.

[size=150]Gameplay[/size]

• Removed storage from regular Truck Supplies;
  • Increased deploy/undeploy time for trucks and halftracks to 20 seconds to deploy, 20 seconds to undeploy.
  • More than doubled deployed truck supply range (200–>450).
  • Removed supply trucks, merged their functionality with halftracks (from the veh yard). Mobile supply range of 200, deployed supply range of 625.
  • Added a check to the fear code to negate fear if a tank is in the radius. Basically tanks will keep your inf from being pinned by big shells if they’re nearby.

[size=150]Balance[/size]

• Grenade damage vs armor dropped back down.
  • Lowered HE damage vs armor to 60% of their damage to infantry. Usually amounted to a 40% decrease (ie, howitzers won’t stop armor dead in its tracks so much anymore).
  • Dropped commando cost to 85% of previous, cheapened airdropped commandos a bit as well.
  • Howitzers (plus Russian light gun, ZiS-3) and nebelwerfer +40% cost;
  • Tank Obstacle cost reduced (to 15, from 23);
  • Increased cost of Russian Vehicle Yard 15%.
  • Increase Logistics storage for storage structure and increased their cost -250% more storage, 200% more expensive;
  • Flamethrower cost increased 10%;
  • Commando crawls twice as fast, recovers from fear twice as quickly, and can not be pinned.
  • Commissar moves more slowly, doubled decloak radius, 15% cost increase.
  • SMGs much more accurate while moving. MP40 most accurate on the move, Thompson least accurate, small overall difference.
  • Thompson range down 15%, MP40 range up 5%

Reduce targetBorder slightly so troops nade themselves less often.
Implement trickle-back-exploit prevention that google mentioned.
Fix sandbagMGs not having an entry in armordefs.
Bren lacks tracers.

US truck costs 40?
Brit HQ still has fucked yardmap.

pastebin.com/m37d32a14

To fix: open and resave sounds with a good sound editor (audacity should work).

include trac.caspring.org/browser/trunk/ … toquit.lua
also, random faction?

ok ill start making a list here really.

1. mortars still move while pinned.
  2. artillery still op – possibly fixed in svn, no games to test yet really
  3. vehicles are very strong and people race for them it seems alot (possibly fixed in svn already)
  4. vehicles get 1 shotted from across the map by tanks while at full speed… (fixed in svn soon i believe)
  5. armor pricing has too little variation possibly (soon to be tested in svn)
  6. russian zis-3 is still a very good choice for russia to have for early infantry battles. (may need minor adjustments in svn to test out)
  7. I believe the russian RPG infantry is still broken, wont shoot at ground, just at enemy tanks, and i think its range is screwed up (i believe someone tried to fix this in svn and it didnt get fixed)
  8. panthers too cheap.
  9. firefly too cheap
  10. meh i cant think of anymore stuff at this moment but most of this is handled already.