Build 1.06 bugs/notices/etc.

Snipers try to attack tanks (need to have proper noChaseCategory set).
Engineers/comissars try to repair planes (planes probably need to be set to not repairable, since there’s no reasonable way to repair them ingame anyway).
Sound errors (just from infolog, there were no crashes because of those afaik):

[ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/GEN_105mm.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 132652 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/US_76mm.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 119950 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/US_37mm.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 76478 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/GER_20mm.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 25678 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/GEN_Explo_Flak1.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 36052 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/GEN_37mmAA.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 27194 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/RUS_85mm.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 156028 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/RUS_122mm.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 78023 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/RUS_DP.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 187582 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/RUS_76mm.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 132652 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/GEN_Explo_Flag.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 66754 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/US_75mm.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 132652 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/GER_MG34.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 183862 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/RUS_152mm.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 156032 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/GEN_Molotov.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 116018 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/GEN_Explo_Vehicle3.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 267016 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/GEN_Explo_Vehicle2.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 267016 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/GEN_Explo_Vehicle1.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 267016 [ 0] Sound: SoundBuffer::AlGenBuffer: Invalid Value [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/rus_tank_ok2.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 280110 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/rus_tank_ok3.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 147798 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/rus_tank_select1.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 236006 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/rus_tank_select2.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 191902 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/rus_tank_select3.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 236006 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/rus_tank_arrived1.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 169850 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/rus_tank_arrived2.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 191902 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/rus_tank_arrived3.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 191902 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/rus_tank_underattack.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 169850 [ 0] Sound: WAV file sounds/beep6.wav has data length 291939 greater than actual data length 14

Two graphical things I noticed so far:

1: Propeller on Il-2 Sturmovik is sticking out of the plane underneath the cockpit instead of being where it should be.

2: Turret and M2 .50 on Sherman Jumbo are truly “jumbo” i.e. they are freakishly massive. The abandoned or destroyed model is fine though. I noticed this in some of the previous builds too, but nobody else seems to see it. Maybe it has something to do with my setup?

Other than that the game is looking great. Thanks for all the work you guys are doing.
:sunglasses:

The Jumbo’s ‘jumboness’ is intentional - it’s a placeholder until the proper Jumbo model is textured.

As reported by n3mesis, units lose ammo when loaded into a transport and then unloaded. He tried loading tanks into German pontoon raft and Marinenfahrprahm and had them come out of transport with no ammo.
(strange thing is, I once ferried mortars with an inf motorboat and they did not lose ammo this way, so the bug needs verifying).

Fixed the command storage being filled on game start bug.

My notices on tank ammo lose in transports.
I did the following: loaded 2 tanks (T-34-76 and a T-60) into pontoon rafts. Both tanks had full ammo. Then, after some time, I unloaded them. T-34 was empty (no ammo at all), while the T-60 had only 2 out of 3 ‘shell’ icons. So there is a problem, but I’m not sure why it’s happening.
That was a 2v2 game on Neurope a7, other players confirm vehicles losing ammo in transports as well.

Fixed, this is what happened:

British commandos stop working after 2 or 3 satchel charges are placed (not sure that is the cause). After that the satchel appears with ‘ETA: ???’ (if you have Build ETA widget enabled of course), but it doesn’t ever get any build progress. (Also it seems to stay cloaked, while with working satchel charges it decloaked; maybe this has something to do with it?)

Also I’ve a replay of 3 way FFA on road to rome that took over 3 hours if anyone is interested :stuck_out_tongue:

2 is the limit, but its done in a really non-obvious way. I should add something to either make that obvious or remove the limit

3 hours? holy crap, what happened? that’s abysmal.

Ah right, I think I would vote to remove the limit.

Though it may be a bit lame if this means you can place satchell near all buildings of enemy with single commando and then blow up his entire base at once :wink:
Maybe unit limit of, say, 5 satchel charges per team would be good alternative solution. That way you have to explode some of them before being able to place charges on someones entire base.

EDIT: an idea yuritch had, is to make satchel charges regular ammo, so you can at least resupply your commando instead of disposing him after he has placed 2 satchel charges.

(That was my plan when pushing through front didn’t succeed, but due to this limit I could only blow up some 10 storage buildings and a radar.)

It was road to rome, I think we were all quite similar in skill. Pushing with infantry only over the mountains is slow and often deadly due to massive amounts of MGs and AA guns on other side, never mind mines, and the roads are very porcish for vehicles and tanks (easy to cut off a road almost entirely with some mines and tank obstacles.) There was not enough command to spam air (at least I didn’t have it.) In the end massive tank spam supported by 3-5 howitzers (on other end of straight road) and infantry coming over mountains at same time broke me.

Probably each of us could have used some better strategies here and there to break through more effectively, but it really seemed like there was a need for a superweapon :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the Commandos should use Ammo for the Satchel charges. I’ll make different icons even, just for them.

I’m not surprised by Rome. The map is very metal poor and the players are very well balanced, not to mention three players creates the perfect balance tripod. I mean, this is an extreme deviant case.