AI & deployment mode

I took a quick look at using C.R.A.I.G. in deployment mode and results aren’t good.

Currently the AI just spams a bunch of LUA errors and doesn’t get started, when running it in SVN in deployment mode. I took a quick look and moved some initialization code from gadget:GamePreload() to gadget:Initialize() (GamePreload() and GameStart() seem to never get called in ‘normal’ gadgets when in deployment mode) and then the AI did start, but the deployment never finished. (HQ stayed stunned.)

So what’s the opinion about it, just put a big fat warning somewhere that AI doesn’t work in deployment mode and/or some suicidal behaviour in the AI if you try it anyway (I suppose I could make the AI ragequit when in deployment mode :wink:), or would it be worth taking a better look and possibly fixing this? (Though I have no clue how to make the AI make sane decisions in deployment mode…, so I doubt it’s worth the time…)

EDIT: only just updated SVN and now I see what deployment is supposed to be: no HQ at all after the deployment phase. This will mean C.R.A.I.G. will suck big time at it anyway even if I made it to work. In other words, I’m not going to make it work :smiley:

So, what about the new deployment modes coming with Spiked’s return? I would like some sort of LuaAI support, but I doubt C.R.A.I.G. as existent would be able to play any of these modes well.

Ah, food is here, be back later…