3do builder how does it work?

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT 3DO BUILDER? JUST GOT THE DANG THING AND CANT FIGURE IT OUT. ALSO IF THERE ARE ANY TOOLS FOR BUILDING MODS,UNITS,MAPS,ETC LET ME KNOW PLEASE.
HERE ARE SOME HYPOTHETICAL GEARS/MECHS IN WW2 SERVICE
http://WWW.DP9.COM LOOK UNDER GEARKRIEG

[size=200]WHY SO LOUD???[/size] We aren’t deaf (yet).
To answer your question: yes, there are people who know something about 3DO Builder (myself for a start). Since you haven’t asked anything specific, I cannot tell you much more than that :slight_smile:

sorry about that what i mean to say is how does it work. I mean I know how to make objects but, thats about it. how do you use this program as i’m confused.
ps I wrote an assignment in all caps and didnt feel like changing it sorry i’ll try not to do it again.

First, 3DO Builder produces ‘old’ 3DO format models. While those do work in Spring, we have a ‘new’ s3o format that is usually better, you’ll need a tool named Upspring to work with such models. It can be found here (there are also some other tools as well as some docs).
Both 3DO Builder and Upspring are not full featured 3D model editors, they are just tools used to prepare models for the game. It’s technically possible to make a model from scratch in 3DO Builder, but it’s very unconvenient. You’ll probably need another tool to make the models, something like Wings3D or some other modeling package.
The models are only the first step though, for them to work you’ll also need to write animation scripts (COB/BOS, read about them at the same page) and make some additional unit definition files that list unit stats. There are ready examples for all of that, infact any Spring engine game can be explored to see how they did what.
Generally your questions should go there - those are the Spring engine forums.

Upspring vs. 3DO Builder:

Advantages of 3DO Builder:

• Can set ground plane for 3dos (this quad is invisible in-game).
  • You can set all the faces of a piece to the same texture in one go.

Advantages of Upspring:

• Everything else.

If you model for us, use Upspring since 3doBuilder doesn’t support the newer s3o format.

Also if you use 3DO Builder make sure it only runs on one core, otherwise it crashes like a motherfucker.

more like this

advantages of 3do
already have textures and don’t need to make your own, or a UV map

advantages of upspring
can have your own textures, and look much better than 3do