1.53 release todo

[size=150]Todo for quiet, file-only release:[/size]

• Fix ‘light armor’ upgrade button on the soviet truck undeploy. - ignoring until someone other than a tired Nemo spots it.
  • Play more games!

[size=150]Todo for more publicized, installer + fancy interface release[/size]

Note: this can’t happen until the next minor spring engine release.

• More loadscreens
  • Background art for SL interface
  • Change installer to have all shortcuts to point towards fancy interface
  • Throw together some background music for SL interface/sounds
  • Test installation process/sync/etc with normal spring installs
  • Potential: use mission editor to make some tutorials/tie those into the fancy interface?
  • replace the dummy skirmish definitions in svn/trunk/S44Main.sdd/skirmish/ (not koshi)
  • ubuntu packaging (koshi)
  • Probably fiddle with the stuff in svn/trunk/sl_gui/ to change button graphics and background colors (not koshi)

Fairly simple to implement, mainly needs researching how I get a list of all missions for s44 and their metadata to display. The fancy interface got codenamed ‘sasi’ btw.

Additions for second list:

• replace the dummy skirmish definitions in svn/trunk/S44Main.sdd/skirmish/ (not koshi)
  • ubuntu packaging (koshi)
  • Probably fiddle with the stuff in svn/trunk/sl_gui/ to change button graphics and background colors (not koshi)

For the menu sounds for sasi I’ll be wanting pcm files in a tba format.
For background music you can drop any ogg/vorbis in svn/trunk/sl_gui/music/, currently those will be endlessly cycled per their natural order. Should this be randomized?

Wrt background art for sasi I should note that it’s entirely up to you whether you want a sliding in logo and stuff. It does not need to be like in springlobby.info/temp/sasi_110321.ogv

I would like to help with the Loadscreens (SP Loadscreens) like discussed in my thread but my 3ds max is at the time a bit rusty. I think I will learn Blender (-.-) and this will be a hard time…

We can also advertise across sites at release if people provide me with good, current screenshots of action.